Saturday, February 11, 2012

Freestylin'

A couple of weeks ago I began a substantial new chapter in my decent towards total, crazy-dog-lady madness.  I started taking Musical Canine Freestyle at Gentle Touch Pet Training with Hoagie.  Yes, I've taken up dancing with my dog, and ya know what?  We are having an absolutely wonderful time!  I've been pondering this dog activity for a while, and am finally taking the plunge.  Don't get me wrong; this dog sport is ridiculous.  It truly takes a certain level of crazy to want to do this ↓ with your dog, much less in public.



I, however, have never been one to shy away from making a spectacle of myself, and I am only more pleased to have my best furry friends by my side to support me.

I worked 2 summers at a Civil War living history site and did 8 years of marching band.  Looking strange in public does not faze me in the least.

The final incident that pushed me towards trying Canine Freestyle, was the Rally-O practice I described a couple weeks ago in this blog post.  Hoagie and I have a lot of fun goofing around, doing tricks, and just letting him utterly ham it up!  That lead to the conclusion that Musical Canine Freestyle would be perfect for the Hoagmeister!

"My public awaits."
So, I look forward to keeping you updated on our progress.  We've chosen our first song: : "Just What I Needed" by The Cars.  I believe we'll have a video of us doing our routine at the end of the class.  Though video evidence of me acting weird does make me a bit nervous, I'll try and get that posted for all of you to "enjoy."  Until then, we'll be practicing our leg weaves, backwards heeling, and spins.

In the mean time have an example of some amazing Canine Freestyle done by Michele Pouliot and her dog Listo (who, by the way, is doing a seminar at Gentle Touch this fall!)




1 comment: