Sunday, January 29, 2012

Resolutions and Requests

Let me start by stating that I'm not particularly one for resolutions.  I tend to consider myself a bit of an "obsessionist" and therefore easily distracted by the next exciting project, interest, or shiny object.  This isn't something about myself I'm necessarily fond of, but I've come to accept it as one of my many personality flaws.  Now that I think of it, perhaps my obsessionist tendencies are partially why I relate to dogs...

Need I say more?
Anyway, I digress.  My dislike for resolutions is occasionally overwhelmed by my desire for self-betterment.
This year I have given in and made a couple resolutions.  The two that concern ya'll are that I have resolved to: A.) Work with and train the dogs on a more regular basis, and B.) Blog more often.

So far I'm doing fairly well on both accounts, but it is only January, and being both a realist and an obsessionist, I see the impending need for some form of external motivation.  That's where YOU come in!  I am interested in what you, my faithful readers would be interested in seeing more of in this blog.

I can tell you now that, although I liked doing them, I'm not prepared to do too many more of my stick figure drawing.  They are simply too time consuming.  (I know, I know, they are stick figure drawings, but have you ever tried to draw with a mouse in MS Paint and make it look like something recognizable?)

Good grief.
I'm still going to post training updates, and report on any activities, classes, or trials I attend with the pups.  That's what I started this blog to record.

Hoagie always wants more posts about how awesome he is!
Would ya'll like to see more training information?  Videos and articles?  Would you be interested in book reviews?  Cute pictures?  A bit of everything?  Anything you would like to see less of?  I've put a poll on the side bar for easy voting, and also on the Short Paws Blog Facebook page.  Feel free to comment below.  We'd love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment